Please take a few moments to browse through our FAQs. You will find the answers to many of your questions listed here. Should your question not be addressed here, feel free to contact us.
⊖ Collapse all windows
What does your organization offer?
- Live-online and on-site core & elective classes for students in grades Pre-Kinder through 12th.
- Experienced and professional instructors to keep your students engaged in learning.
- A customized student homework portal to help you keep your student on track.
When do classes begin and when are the holidays?
Each year we post an academic calendar to our website.
How do I enroll in a class?
- You must first create an HSC Family Account in order to enroll in classes.
- Once a family account is created, you will have access to the “Enroll/Class Details” link.
- If ever you are viewing the class schedule and do not see the “Enroll/Class Details” link with each class listing, you are viewing the ‘guest schedule’ and need to login to your family account. Only families who are logged into their account have access to the Enroll/Class Details link.
Is there a deadline for enrolling in a class?
HSC has open enrollment.
- Students may enroll anytime, however do not delay as a class could be canceled due to low enrollment.
- Once a class has begun, contact the instructor directly to ensure your student is prepared for his/her first day.
Can my student enroll in a class if his/her grade level is above or below the posted grade range?
Yes. For classes with a grade range, instructors typically ‘teach up’ to the highest grade level. To determine if the class will be appropriate for a younger or older student, contact the instructor directly. Instructor contact information can be found in the ‘Class Details’ section of each class listing.
What is the average class size?
Most classes have a maximum of 15-20 students and availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How does the waitlist work?
If a class is full, a student may add him/herself to the waitlist. Waitlisted students are assigned to a class as soon as space becomes available and parents will be notified via email. We encourage families to add their students to a waitlist as oftentimes spaces become available.
How do I pay for classes if using private funds?
- Payment is made directly to each individual instructor.
- If you enroll prior to the course start date, you may do so without submitting payment until the class begins.
- Instructor contact information and payment details are found in our ‘Class Details’ section with each class listing.
How do I pay for classes if using charter funds?
- Class tuition is paid directly to each instructor (not HSC). Most instructors accept CA charter funds.
- HSC is not affiliated with any charter school, therefore students must first ENROLL through the HSC website, then contact his/her charter school and issue a purchase order to the instructor for payment.
- Instructor contact information and charter school affiliation is viewed by clicking on the ‘Class Details’ link associated with each class listing.
- If a charter school is not listed on an instructor’s charter affiliation section, contact the instructor directly to have him/her submit an application with your school.
Who do I contact for questions about a particular class?
To best serve you, contact instructors directly through the “Class Details” link available with each class listing (Instructor Bio section). If you do not receive correspondence within 48 hours of your inquiry, please contact us.
Do your on-site campuses have a lunch break?
Our on-site campus hours are from 9am-2pm. Classes are scheduled to begin each hour on the hour, and continue throughout that time. Students who enroll in a class from 12-1pm will be permitted to eat during class time. Students who are not enrolled in a class during any class hour must have a parent or care taker present with them. Students must be supervised at all times. Thank you for your cooperation.
⊖ Collapse all windows